Anne Frank's diary was translated into Japanese in 1952 and it topped the bestseller lists in 1953, but, in these days, it has been vandalized in Japan libraries. Officials who work in libraries say that more than 100 copies of Anne Frank's pages have been ripped.
However, don't know who has done this, as a result for this, a US Jewish rights group has demanded a police investigation, actually, this book is very important for their because it's a symbol of suffering during the war.
In conclusion, I think that this fact is very rare because this diary is very old and I don't find any cause to do it now. If there is an important cause, I hope that it is known.
The link is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26284614

Hi Albaa!
ResponderEliminarI found really interesting your post about Anne Frank's Diary. I knew almost nothing about it. I hope some day to have the opportunity of seeing the original version. It's interessting!
See you in class ugly! ;)