viernes, 17 de mayo de 2013

Oral presentation: Child abuse



Child abuse

Good morning, I am Alba and now I will explain the child abuse. Well, first of all I will explain what this.


What is child abuse? Child abuse is the harmful action, of non-accidental form, that someone makes a child.
Child abuse is an universal problem that has existed for some time, but it is in the twentieth century  with declaration of the rights of children when it considered as a crime and a psychological social, ethical, legal and medical problem.


The abuse can have different forms:
The emotional abuse, when someone hurts the child of verbal form by derision, contempt, insult or preventing his social interaction initiatives. Besides, children haven’t affection or security.
The physical abuse, when someone causes physical harm or illness the child, intentionally. The consequences are evident.
The sexual abuse, this refers to any action with sexual content to child. This action can be verbal, in other words, make the child see magazines, movies or pornographic scenes.
The abandonment, occurs when adults responsible for the attention and child care, neglect their basic needs. For example, the nutrition, the education, the healthcare…


Above all, these forms have some consequences, in particular, behavioral disorders, emotional and social, apart from the physical consequences. All this depends on:
-Intensity and frequency abuse.
-Characteristics of the child (age, sex, susceptibility, temperament…)
-The use or not of physical violence
- Child's relationship with the aggressor.
-Domestic support to the child victim.
-Access and services, for example, medical, psychological and social.

Several studies have shown that abuse continues from one generation to the next.


Some abuses can be perceived by children’s drawings. As for example this drawing that a child of six years drew. This drawing shows that the child has physical abuses by mother. 


The possible solutions are many. Pediatricians have an important role because they are professional medical people who are in contact with children.
-Identify the values ​​and strengths of parents, reinforcing their self-esteem.
-Recognizing child abuse situations, establishing treatment strategies.
-Recognize domestic violence.
-Referral to mental health centers for parents with drug and alcohol addictions.
And finally, the rehabilitation of abuse, for the child and the aggressor.


In my view, this abuse would have to be invisible, that is, this shouldn’t exist. As far as I’m concerned, people have to have enough information to recognize those people who usually have common features and solve this serious problem.
I hope you liked.



EVALUATION OF MY ORAL PRESENTATION

Presentation (10%)
I have used a prezi as a resource to present my presentation. Besides, images are focused on the topic, that is, I have put images of children.
On the other hand, my presentation has lasted six minutes. (10%)

Body language and eye contact (10%)
Unfortunately, I didn't look at the audience all time because I was nervous. Sometimes, I read my notes by insecurity because I consider that I prepared it. When something came out on the screen that I consider important point it, I did gestures. (5%)

Structure (10%)
I introduced the topic to get the audience attention, but I didn't ask any question to audience about my presentation. Of course that I organized my ideas in order of importance, like I used discourse markers. (7%)

Content (40%)
I think that I introduced new information to the audience about this topic, this information understood well and it was detailed. To better understand, I put some examples. I think that the message was clear and the sources were properly referenced. (30%)

Language (20%)
The grammar was correct and complex. On the other hand, the vocabulary was rich. I used sentence connectors and fillers. (15%)

Pronunciation and intonation (10%)
This section I think that is my problem, because of nerves play a trick on me. However, eventually I will refine. (5%)

FINAL MARK: 72%

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario